Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable, colloquial) A frumpy person, somebody who is unattractive, drab or dowdy.
- You look like such a frump today!
- (uncountable) The clothes that such a person would wear.
- Get that frump off – it's horrid!
- (countable, dated) A bad-tempered person.
- (obsolete) A flout or snub.
somebody who is unattractive, drab or dowdy
- (obsolete, transitive) To insult; to flout; to mock; to snub.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Beaumont and Fletcher to this entry?)