Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Conspicuously short.
a snub-nosed revolver
- (mathematics, of a polyhedron) Derived from a simpler polyhedron by the addition of extra triangular faces.
derived from a simpler polyhedron by the addition of triangular faces
snub (plural snubs)
- A deliberate affront or slight.
- I hope the people we couldn't invite don't see it as a snub.
2017 January 14, “Thailand's new king rejects the army's proposed constitution”, in The Economist:
- The bluntness of King Vajiralongkorn's intervention—and the determination it reveals to resist relatively small checks on royal power—is both a snub to the junta and a worry for democrats, some of whom had dared hope that the new king might be happy to take a back seat in public life.
- A sudden checking of a cable or rope.
- (obsolete) A knot; a protuberance; a snag.
- [A club] with ragged snubs and knotty grain.
deliberate affront or slight
A sudden checking of a cable or rope
- (transitive) To slight, ignore or behave coldly toward someone.
- (transitive) To turn down; to dismiss.
- He snubbed my offer to help.
- (transitive) To stub out (a cigarette etc).
- (transitive) To halt the movement of a rope etc by turning it about a cleat or bollard etc; to secure a vessel in this manner.
- (transitive) To clip or break off the end of; to check or stunt the growth of.
- (to slight or ignore): give someone the cold shoulder, turn the cold shoulder on someone cut someone cold, cut someone dead
to slight, ignore, behave coldly toward
to turn down, dismiss
to halt the movement of a rope etc.