See also: Fundamentalist
fundamentalist (plural fundamentalists)
- One who reduces religion to strict interpretation of core or original texts.
- (finance) A trader who trades on the financial fundamentals of the companies involved, as opposed to a chartist or technician.
- (Christian) Originally referred to an adherent of an American Christian movement that began as a response to the rejection of the accuracy of the Bible, the alleged deity of Christ, Christ's atonement for humanity, the virgin birth, and miracles.
- (pejorative) A fundamentalist Christian (also fundie or fundy)
one who reduces religion to strict interpretation of core or original texts
trader who trades on the financial fundamentals
adherent of a certain American Christian movement
- fundamentalist (one who reduces religion to strict interpretation of core or original texts)
- “fundamentalist” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.