Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡæɹ.ʊ.ləs/, /ˈɡæɹ.jʊ.ləs/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈɡɛɹ.ə.ləs/, /ˈɡɛɹ.jə.ləs/, /ˈɡæɹ.ə.ləs/, /ˈɡæɹ.jə.ləs/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Excessively or tiresomely talkative.
- Synonyms: chatty, talkative, long-winded, loquacious, tonguey, voluble; see also Thesaurus:talkative
- 1891, Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray:
- She lingered for a few moments, and was garrulous over some detail of the household.
- 1984, "A Modern Whitman," by James Atlas. The Atlantic, Dec 1984.
- Crammed with gossip, anecdotes, and confessions . . ., his garrulous, untidy narratives read like a good novel.
- (of something written or performed) Excessively wordy and rambling.
excessively or tiresomely talkative
excessively wordy and rambling