Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The formulation of general concepts from specific instances by abstracting common properties.
- Inductive reasoning from detailed facts to general principles.
- An oversimplified or exaggerated conception, opinion, or image of the members of a group.
- (mathematics) A proof, axiom, problem, or definition which includes another's cases, and also some additional cases.
- A hypersphere is a generalization of a sphere across more than three dimensions.
formulation of general concepts
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- generalization at OneLook Dictionary Search