Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An act or instance of generalizing; concluding that something true of a subclass is true of the entire class
- The formulation of general concepts from specific instances by abstracting common properties.
- Inductive reasoning from detailed facts to general principles
- An oversimplified or exaggerated conception, opinion, or image of the members of a group.
- (mathematics) A proof, axiom, problem, or definition that includes another's cases, and also some additional cases; a conclusion reached by inferring from specific cases to more general cases or principles.
- A hypersphere is a generalization of a sphere across more than three dimensions.
formulation of general concepts
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- generalization at OneLook Dictionary Search