Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: give away
giveaway (plural giveaways)
- Something that is given away or handed out for free.
- The T-shirt was a giveaway from the company that sells the software.
- An event at which things are given away for free.
- Something that is obvious or apparent; something that reveals a secret.
- The frosting in his beard was a giveaway that he had been munching the cake.
- The verb to give away is two words.
(something given away for free): freebie