Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- present participle of
- These bright surfaces are sprayed with a fine spray of ink, thus giving them an even surface.' - First Usenet use via Google Groups, fa.human-nets, 6 May 1981 0359-EDT, Gary Feldman at CMU-10A
- having the tendency to give; generous
- To become like Christ involves everything else: becoming a loving and giving person, having confidence enabling you to be vulnerable (psychologically and physically; Jesus did both), having the wisdom to see people's needs and the desire to meet them. - net.flame - 26 Mar 1984 by Jeff Sargent
giving (plural givings)
- The act of bestowing as a gift; a conferring or imparting.
- A gift; a benefaction.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Alexander Pope to this entry?)
- The act of softening, breaking, or yielding.
- Upon the first giving of the weather.