Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɑt͡ʃə/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɒt͡ʃə/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒtʃə
- Got you; have you; as in capture or apprehend.
- I gotcha now, ya little twerp.
- Understand you; comprehend you.
- Yeah, I gotcha. Good thinkin'!
- Got you covered, got your back; when you have an advantage or responsibility over someone.
- Gotcha! Go on in...
- Got you back; as in after causing some form of retaliation or revenge against someone.
- Gotcha! And don't ever do that to me again.
- Got you by surprise; exclamation indicating a successful trick or prank.
- Gotcha! They never notice the whoopie cushion!
- A potential problem or source of trouble.
- Review the work thoroughly and make sure there are no gotchas.
- An instance of publicly tricking someone or exposing them to ridicule, especially by means of an elaborate deception.
- They change the number at random intervals and if you miss a sign. What a gotcha!
- An attempt to disprove or refute someone's argument, usually in a deceptive or disingenuous way.
- You're asking me a ridiculous hypothetical question that no one can reasonably answer. You need to stop with your gotchas.
- An instance of accomplishing a tricky idea or overcoming a difficult obstacle.
- Now here's another few gotchas that you can do to implement it.
- (computing) A feature of a system or a program that works in the way it is documented but is counter-intuitive and almost invites mistake or non-function.
- Wireless was the first gotcha when installing the distro.