Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back formation from one-night stand.
- (idomatic) A single sexual encounter between two individuals, lasting for less than an entire night, where at least one of the partners has no immediate intention or expectation of establishing a longer-term sexual or romantic relationship.
- 2001, Howard Dando, Dancers in the Dark, →ISBN:
- Allison had not even reached mistress status, just a half-night stand.
- 2012, Arnold Snyder, Risk of Ruin, →ISBN, page 143:
- Still, as he refused to concede that he was incapable of fucking, in the years that followed, there were more forgettable half-night stands.
- 2015, Bob Siqveland, Simple Witness, →ISBN, page 53:
- He'd been the byproduct of a quart of Old Bushmills and a half-night stand.