Jump to navigation Jump to search
- hand-me-on (dated)
- An item that is passed along for someone else to use.
a piece of clothing that is passed along for a younger sibling to use
- Used or second-hand, passed along by its prior user.
- 1967, Lou Reed (lyrics and music), “All Tomorrow's Parties”, in The Velvet Underground & Nico, performed by The Velvet Underground:
- And what costume shall the poor girl wear / To all tomorrow's parties? / A hand-me-down dress from who knows where
- 1983, 19th of March, Presidential Radio Address by Ronald Reagan
- I don't want America's recovery and security to be sacrificed on an altar of discredited hand-me-down theories. And if you'll help us, they won't be.