Jump to navigation Jump to search
handler (plural handlers)
- (literally) One who handles something (especially manually) or someone.
- The handler of a weapon gets a symbolic sensation of deadly power.
- (in combination) A controller, trainer, someone who handles a specified thing, animal or person (especially a prizefighter).
- The spy's handler told him to approach the subject by posing as a dog handler.
- 2017 July 7, Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, “The ambitious War For The Planet Of The Apes ends up surrendering to formula”, in The Onion AV Club:
- They are also very sympathetic, especially Caesar’s orangutan advisor, Maurice (Karin Konoval), who takes a shine to a human moppet (Amiah Miller) he finds hiding in the back of a shack, and the poignant Bad Ape (a scene-stealing Steve Zahn), a mangy chimp who was beaten so often in his zoo-animal days that he came to believe what his handlers were shouting was supposed to be his name.
- (computing) A subroutine that handles a particular situation such as an event or exception.
one who handles
one who handles a specified thing
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967
- A (financial) trader
Declension of handler
- present of