Jump to navigation Jump to search
Führer (plural Führers or Führer)
- A leader, especially one exercising the powers of a tyrant
- (historical, definite) Adolf Hitler when he was the chancellor of Nazi Germany
leader exercising the powers of a tyrant
Adolf Hitler when chancellor
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- agent noun of
- guide; a person who assists people by providing information, giving directions, etc.
- guidebook; a text which provides information about a topic
- leader; someone who is ahead of others
- leader; someone who determines the actions of a group
- director, manager, commander; a person in charge of something or someone (chiefly in compounds)
- (formal) driver, pilot; someone who operates a vehicle of some sort (chiefly in compounds)
- (music) fugue theme; a melody in the form it appears in first in a fugue
- Führer und Reichskanzler was the official title of Adolf Hitler after the merger of the positions of Reichspräsident (“president”) and Reichskanzler (“chancellor”) in 1934. Hitler was subsequently known as der Führer in both official and common usage.
- The word is now often replaced with other terms (such as Anführer or Leiter) when referring to a guide or leader and not used in a compound. Führer is still a perfectly acceptable word, however.
Declension of Führer
- (guide) Bergführer, Fremdenführer
- (guide or guidebook) Museumsführer, Reiseführer, Sprachführer, Stadtführer
- (guidebook) Episodenführer, Kirchenführer, Serienführer, Spieleführer, Straßenführer
- (someone who is ahead) Marktführer; Tabellenführer
- (someone who leads a group) Judenführer, Kirchenführer, Oppositionsführer, Rädelsführer, Sektenführer, Staatsführer, Terroristenführer, Zionistenführer, Zugführer
- (director, manager) Geschäftsführer
- (driver) Fahrzeugführer, Flugzeugführer, Kraftfahrzeugführer, Kranführer, Lokomotivführer (Lokführer), Schiffsführer, Wagenführer, Zugführer (Zugsführer)
- Führerausweis, Führerschein, Führersitz, führerlos
- Führer in Duden online
Führer m (plural Führer or Führers)
- Alternative letter-case form of