Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: haþ
- (archaic) third-person singular simple present indicative form of have
- Thirty days hath September.
- 1611, Bible (KJV), Luke 19:26:
- ... unto every one that hath shall be given, and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away ...
- 1749, Henry Fielding, The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, Book IV, chapter i
- To be plain, I much question whether the politician, who hath generally a good nose, hath not scented out somewhat of the utility of this practice.
Most common English words before 1923: view · although · knowledge · #534: hath · table · daughter · makes