Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of hermetically seal
- Sealed with an airtight hermetic seal.
- 1895, H. G. Wells, chapter X, in The Time Machine:
- Now, I still think that for this box of matches to have escaped the wear of time for immemorial years was a strange, and for me, a most fortunate thing. Yet oddly enough I found here a far more unlikely substance, and that was camphor. I found it in a sealed jar, that, by chance, I supposed had been really hermetically sealed. I fancied at first the stuff was paraffin wax, and smashed the jar accordingly. But the odor of camphor was unmistakable.
- staunch (not interchangeable)
- hermetically sealed at OneLook Dictionary Search