Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- simple past tense and past participle of
sealed (not comparable)
- Closed by a seal.
2013 June 14, Jonathan Freedland, “Obama's once hip brand is now tainted”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 1, page 18:
- Now we are liberal with our innermost secrets, spraying them into the public ether with a generosity our forebears could not have imagined. Where we once sent love letters in a sealed envelope, or stuck photographs of our children in a family album, now such private material is despatched to servers and clouds operated by people we don't know and will never meet.
- Preventing entrance.
- Of a road that has a asphalt or macadamised surface.
- (object-oriented programming) Not subclassable; from which one cannot inherit.
- (preventing entrance): impermeable
of a road having an asphalt or a macadamised surface