- (fandom slang) Fan fiction based on celebrities or fictional characters involved in an opposite-sex romantic and/or sexual relationship.
2000 October 13, trekkigrrl [username], “Re: Why some K/Sers enjoy slash”, in alt.startrek.creative.erotica.moderated, Usenet:
- The slashers don't object to the fact that your friend (Let's call her "Mamin Mavis") writes hetfic. They object to the fact that she bitches and moans about slash on a list that's at least 50% slash-fic.
- 2008, Steve Abrams and Smaragd Grün, "Mundanes at the Gate … and Perverts Within: Managing Internal and External Threats to Community Online", in Electronic Tribes: The Virtual Worlds of Geeks, Gamers, Shamans, and Scammers (eds. Tyrone L. Adams & Stephen A. Smith), University of Texas Press (2008), ISBN 9780292717732, page 210:
- Genfic and hetfic typically extend the source material along lines consistent with the producers' intentions, albeit sometimes more explicitly than the broadcast market would allow.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:hetfic.