hit one out of the ballpark
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- hit one out of the ball park, knock one out of the ballpark, knock one out of the ball park, hit one out of the park, knock the ball out of the park
Audio (AU) (file)
hit one out of the ballpark (third-person singular simple present hits one out of the ballpark, present participle hitting one out of the ballpark, simple past and past participle hit one out of the ballpark)
- (baseball) To hit a fair ball so well that the ball flies over all of the spectators' seats and lands outside the stadium.
- (idiomatic, by extension) To produce a spectacular achievement.
- 2007 September 18, Patricia Best, “Elite dig deep for tribute dinner”, in Globe and Mail, Toronto, retrieved 29 June 2008:
- The Canada Institute, part of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, has hit one out of the ballpark with its Montreal fundraiser.