Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈhəʊldə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈhoʊldɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊldə(r)
- Hyphenation: hold‧er
holder (plural holders)
- A thing that holds.
- Put your umbrella in the umbrella holder.
- A person who temporarily or permanently possesses something.
- (nautical) One who is employed in the hold of a vessel.
- (sports) The defending champion.
a thing that holds
a person who possesses something
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- comparative degree of
- inflected form of
- present tense of
- “holder” in The Bokmål Dictionary.