Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Huntsman
- A hunter.
- (Britain) A fox hunter.
- One who manages the hounds during a hunt.
- Any of the many species of large spiders of the family Sparassidae.
1985, Living Australia, Dangerous Australians: The Complete Guide to Australia's Most Deadly Creatures, page 111:
- Although they do not make webs, female huntsmans at least have not lost the ability to produce silk.
1995, Anne Kerle, Ayers Rock, the Olgas & Kings Canyon, Northern Territory, page 129:
- The majority of desert-dwelling spiders are large burrowing spiders; the Barking Spiders Selenoeosmia stirlingi, mouse spiders, wolf spiders (Fig. 5.47), huntsmen and trapdoor spiders (Fig. 5.48).
- 2002, John Kinsella, The Wasps, in Divinations: Four Plays,
- to say trapdoors and huntsmans
- 2012, Carrie Tiffany, Mateship with Birds, Pan Macmillan Australia, unnumbered page,
- Two huntsmen spiders prowl Harry′s bedroom ceiling.