Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Ignorance
- The condition of being uninformed or uneducated. Lack of knowledge or information.
- (religion, in the plural) Sins committed through ignorance.
condition of being uninformed or uneducated
- In Roman Catholic theology, vincible or wilful ignorance is such as one might be fairly expected to overcome, hence it can never be an excuse for sin, whether of omission or of commission; while invincible ignorance, which a person cannot help or abate, altogether excuses from guilt.
ignorance f (plural ignorances)
- “ignorance” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- ignorance (lacking of knowledge; lack of understanding)
- something that one is ignorant of