Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- With one's own body and physical presence; not through media, a representative, or indirectly.
- Synonyms: face to face, in the flesh, vis-à-vis
- Have you ever seen a celebrity in person?
- He had seen the burger on TV, but in person it looked so much juicier.
- 1897 December (indicated as 1898), Winston Churchill, chapter IV, in The Celebrity: An Episode, New York, N.Y.: The Macmillan Company; London: Macmillan & Co., Ltd., →OCLC, pages 58–59:
- The Celebrity, by arts unknown, induced Mrs. Judge Short and two other ladies to call at Mohair on a certain afternoon when Mr. Cooke was trying a trotter on the track. […] Their example was followed by others at a time when the master of Mohair was superintending in person the docking of some two-year-olds, and equally invisible.