in the dark
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: Without light; somewhere that is dark.
- I tripped over his suitcase in the dark.
- (idiomatic) Without information.
- Management kept the board of directors completely in the dark.
- I was in the dark about the surprise party until I walked in.
- They remained in the dark until the newspaper story came out.
- (poker slang) Without looking at one's hole cards, thus not knowing what they are.
without looking at one's hole cards