in the know
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Informed, aware.
- Those in the know don't shop at that kind of store.
- Anyone who is in the know doesn't shop there.
- He appears to be in the know about such matters.
- 2022 January 12, “Stop & Examine”, in RAIL, number 948, page 70:
- "Reet. Wot fort do? I'm off wom.". No, we're not speaking a foreign language, although the bulk of readers could be forgiven for thinking so. Rather, for those in the know, it is of course a typical example of 'Wiganese' dialect, which has been brought to life by an Avanti West Coast-funded mural in the underpass of Wigan North Western station.