Jump to navigation Jump to search
inconnu (plural inconnus)
- A large salmonid fish, Stenodus leucichthys, with a large mouth with a protruding lower jaw and a high and pointed dorsal fin
- unknown, obscure, unfamiliar, strange
- Le hurling est un sport inconnu en dehors de l'Irlande.
- The sport of hurling is unknown outside Ireland.
- The word inconnu refers to someone or something not previously encountered and totally unknown; a related term, méconnu, refers to something that has been encountered or someone acquainted, but is not entirely familiar.