Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The act or process of intensifying, or of making more intense.
- 1941 July, “Notes and News: New Tube Station at Highgate”, in Railway Magazine, page 329:
- With the intensification of air raids on London last September, these tube platforms began to be used as an air raid shelter, and shelterers travelled by train (specially stopped there) from other stations in order to gain access.
- 1962 August, “Beyond the Channel: France: Paris Est renaissance”, in Modern Railways, pages 134-135:
- [...] moreover, the layout fortunately allows for the likely intensification of the suburban service.
act or process of intensifying
intensification f (plural intensifications)