Jump to navigation Jump to search
isochronous (not comparable)
- Happening at regular intervals; isochronal.
- Happening at the same time; simultaneous.
- 1833, R. J. Bertin, Charles W. Chauncy, transl., Treatise on the Diseases of the Heart, and Great Vessels, Philadelphia: Carey, Lea & Blnachard, page 179:
- We observed, on attentive examination, the following phenomena: cough, with sense of constriction in the middle of the chest; orthopnœa, threatening suffocation; face violet coloured; lips swollen; beatings of the jugular veins isochronous with those of the carotid arteries; palpitation; […]
- (computing) Of or pertaining to the use of clocks derived from the same clock reference.
- Their entire national telephone network is isochronous, with a clock distribution tree radiating from a single, protected cesium reference clock.
- (computing) of or pertaining to data associated with time sensitive application.
- These packets belong to an isochronous voice application and need priority handling.
happening at regular intervals