Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: itération
iteration (plural iterations)
- Recital or performance a second time; repetition.
- A variation or version.
- The architect drafted several iterations of the floorplan before deciding on his final design.
- 2014, “Jazz at Lincoln Center”, in Radio New Zealand Schedule for Saturday 6th December:
- Still going strong in his ninth decade, Wein celebrates his 88th birthday behind the piano accompanied by the latest iteration of his band, the Newport All-Stars, featuring tenor saxophonist […]
- 2020 October 7, Gordon Dudman, “Railway timetabling is a challenge even at the best of times”, in Rail, page 48:
- Three or four complete iterations of various options are needed to gain cross-industry agreement.
- (computing) The use of repetition in a computer program, especially in the form of a loop.
- (computing) A single repetition of the code within such a repetitive process.
- The code calculates the appropriate value at each iteration.
- (computing): polymorphic iteration
repetition in a computer program
single repetition of the code