- (computing) to perform or repeat an action on each item in a set
- The max() function iterates through the data to find the highest value.
- (computing, mathematics) to perform or repeat an action on the results of each such prior action
- In mathematics, an iterated function is a function which is composed with itself, possibly ad infinitum, in a process called iteration.
- (archaic) To utter or do a second time or many times; to repeat.
- to iterate advice
- Nor Eve to iterate / Her former trespass feared.
iterate (plural iterates)
- (mathematics) a function that iterates
- f2(x0) is the second iterate of x0 under f.
iterate (not comparable)
- (obsolete) Said or done again; repeated.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bishop Gardiner to this entry?)
- iterate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- iterate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- iterate at OneLook Dictionary Search