Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A wattle-and-mud hut common in Mexico and the southwestern US.
- 1930, Katherine Anne Porter, “María Concepción” in The Collected Stories of Katherine Anne Porter, New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1965, p. 5,
- 1992, Cormac McCarthy, All The Pretty Horses:
- A few jacales of brush and mud with brush roofs and a pole corral where five scrubby horses with big heads stood looking solemnly at the horses passing in the road.
- 2013, Philipp Meyer, The Son, Simon & Schuster 2014, p. 84:
- Canning fruit and vegetables in the worst of the summer heat—hotter in the jacals than it was outside.
- shack (possibly)
jacal m (plural jacales)
- English: jacal