Jump to navigation Jump to search
- That jars (clashes or disagrees); incongruous, conflictful.
- 2018 July 16, Ben Cotton, “The oldest, active Linux distro, Slackware, turns 25”, in Opensource.com:
- Slackware does not include a graphical installer. Its package manager does not perform any dependency resolution. This can be jarring for new users, particularly within the last few years, but it also enables a deeper understanding of the system.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Dryden to this entry?)
That jars (clashes or disagrees)
jarring (plural jarrings)
- Storage in jars.
- The jarring of peaches took place at the end of the season.
- A feeling or movement that jars or jolts.
storage in jars
present participle of jar