Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (Australia) A spicy smoked Australian salami, made from pork and beef.
- Synonym: cabanossi
- 2000, Allan Campion, Michele Curtis, The Goods: Victoria’s Best Food and Wine Shops, Wakefield Press, page 34:
- You can go for kabana, wedding sausage, csabai, smoked tongue, smoked butterfish or smoked chickens.
- 2011, Bronwen Bryant, Kathleen Knights, Pharmacology for Health Professionals, 3rd edition, Elsevier Australia page 361:
- aged, cured and pickled meats and fish—game, caviar, herring, sausages (kabana, pepperoni, salami), bacon, hot-dogs
- 2012, William McInnes, The Laughing Clowns, Hatchette Australia, page 78:
- Peter Kennedy was gazing up at Lisa and her coconut when he suddenly felt a looming presence, an uncomfortably close breath and the smell of kabana sausage.