Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative source: Cockney and/or British Military usage derived from Army experience of dysentery during World War 2 in Libya - Kharzi rhyming with Benghazi.
khazi (plural khazis)
- (slang, now chiefly Britain regional) An outhouse or lavatory: a place used for urination and defecation.
- (slang, now chiefly Britain regional) A toilet: a fixture used for urination and defecation (also figuratively).
- Well, that plan's down the khazi.
- 1967, J. Burke, Till Death Us Do Part, Ch. v, p. 84:
- Have you seen the carsy? Just a bucket with a seat on top.
- ^ Partridge, Eric. A Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English, 8th ed., p. 185.
- ^ Oxford English Dictionary. "karzy, n." Oxford University Press (Oxford), 1976.
- ^ Corré, Alan D. "Polari Words from Lingua Franca" in A Glossary of Lingua Franca, 5th ed. 2005.
- ^ "Why Do We Say?" (1987) by Nigel Rees