Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The action of the verb to knit; the process of producing knitted material.
- I find knitting very relaxing.
- Material that has been, or is being knitted.
- She put down her knitting and went to answer the phone.
- (rail transport, informal, Britain) overhead electrification wires, OHLE
- 2007 October 19, Capt. Deltic, “Re: GNER knitting down (again)”, in uk.railway, Usenet, retrieved 10 April 2018, message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
- It also helps, if: [...] the knitting is aligned with the track below, or rather vice versa, something else that went after 1996.
- 2016 December 9, Andrew Clarke, “Re: Great Western Railway warns of slower journeys on new trains”, in uk.railway, Usenet, retrieved 10 April 2018, message-ID <email@example.com>:
- My suggestion would be to electrify the uphill bits only, in each direction, and to use diesel traction when coming down the other side. Massive savings on posts and knitting for a start.
activity and process of knitting
- Alternative form of