Jump to navigation Jump to search
lambrequin (plural lambrequins)
- A scarf or other piece of material used as a covering for a helmet.
- 1980, Gene Wolfe, chapter 16, in The Shadow of the Torturer:
- A dead man (he had, I think, been suffocated with a lambrequin, there being those who practice that art) lay at the corner.
- (heraldry) A heraldic representation of such an item: mantling.
- (US) A short decorative drapery for a shelf edge or for the top of a window casing; a valance.
- (ceramics) A border pattern with draped effect.
A short decorative drapery for a shelf edge or for the top of a window casing
lambrequin m (plural lambrequins)