- Materials for locks in a canal.
- The works forming a canal lock or locks.
- A toll paid for passing the locks of a canal.
- The amount of elevation and descent made by the locks of a canal.
- The entire lockage will be about fifty feet. — De Witt Clinton.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.