Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) To renovate or to convert to a different use, particularly houses, offices, or rooms within them
- We're going to make over the garage into a guest suite.
- (idiomatic) (of a person, particularly a woman) To create a new physical look, especially with a new hairstyle, cosmetics, or clothes
- Cindy is going to make over Karen tomorrow.
- (idiomatic) (of a career, public image, etc.) To improve upon and/or take in a new direction
- The senator needs to make over his image.
- (idiomatic) To transfer ownership, especially by means of a legal document
- makeover (noun)