male answer syndrome
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (sometimes capitalized, derogatory) A male compulsion to answer questions regardless of whether one knows the answer.
- 2002 June 27, Kendall, Lori, Hanging Out in the Virtual Pub: Masculinities and Relationships Online, University of California Press, →ISBN, OL 7711254M, page 76:
- Like most statements on BlueSky that call attention to norms of masculinity, accusations of male answer syndrome tend to be offered and taken in good humor.
- 2011 October 25, Young, Valerie, The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It, New York: Crown Business, →ISBN, OL 25220291M, page 201:
- Psychologists at Southwestern University sought to determine whether such a thing as male answer syndrome actually exists.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:male answer syndrome.