Jump to navigation Jump to search
audio (US) (file)
manhole (plural manholes)
- A hole in the ground used to access the sewers or other underground vaults and installations.
- A hole providing access to the inside of a boiler, tank etc.
- (informal) A man's anus, in a sexual context.
- For quotations of use of this term, see Citations:manhole.
- In contexts such as government documents where anything that might be perceived as sexist is avoided, this has mostly been replaced by maintenance hole
a hole in the ground used to access the sewers or other underground vaults and installations