marabou (plural marabous)
- Leptoptilos crumeniferus, a large wading bird native to Africa, with a naked head and neck adapted for scavenging.
- (dated, US, Louisiana) A person, five-eighths of whose ancestry is black; the offspring of a mulatto and a griffe.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bartlett to this entry?)
- A kind of thrown raw silk, naturally nearly white, but capable of being dyed without scouring.
- A thin fabric made from this silk, as for scarfs.
large wading bird native to Africa