Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: meta-ethics
- (ethics) The descriptive study of philosophical ethical systems, especially with regard to their key concepts, techniques of reasoning and analysis, and linguistic conventions.
- “metaethics” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- “metaethics” in Microsoft's Encarta World English Dictionary, North American Edition (2007)
- Oxford English Dictionary, second edition (1989)
- The Encyclopedia of Philosophy, Paul Edwards (ed.), Macmillan, 1967. See: "Ethics, Problems of" by Kai Nielsen, vol. 3, pp. 117-134.