Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A reduction or decrease of something harmful or unpleasant.
- 1842, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Lady Anne Granard, volume 1, page 213:
- Two golden hours, in which the astonishing news of the intended party was revealed to Louisa, with all of its contrivances, expenses, and mitigations, so far as they were elucidated, were given and said to be "done in her honour;"...
- 2004, Bhattacharya, K., Azizi, P. M., Shobair, S, S,, Mohsini, M. Y., Drought impacts and potential for their mitigation in southern and western Afghanistan, IWMI (→ISBN)
- One possible drought mitigation strategy for Afghanistan is to divert excess water from water-rich river basins to water-scarce river basins in cases where this is technologically, economically and environmentally feasible.
reduction of something harmful
mitigation f (plural mitigations)