Jump to navigation Jump to search
mock-up (plural mock-ups)
- A scale or full-size model of a design or device which is not fully functional, used for teaching, demonstration, design evaluation, promotion, and other purposes.
- 1964 February, “British Railways' passenger plans”, in Modern Railways, page 73:
- The second-class accommodation shown in mock-up at last year's Railway Design exhibition in London was open saloon, but there is still nagging concern that the public has expressed a clear preference for compartments.
- 2022 January 12, “News in pictures: Liverpool carriage goes to college”, in RAIL, number 948, page 20:
- A full-size mock-up carriage of a Liverpool City Region Class 777, built as a part of the design process, has been transferred to the National College for Advanced Transportation & Infrastructure (NCATI) in Doncaster, to be used as a teaching aid.
- A prototype, usually low-fidelity, such as paper illustrations, screenshots, or simple configurations of screens with limited interaction.
- 1930, Renwick of Otley, Pre-production Proofs and Mock-ups Documenting the Publication of "My Favourite Alphabet", Renwick of Otley:
- 2007, Canada. Health Canada, Environics Research Group, Testing of Mock-ups of Health Warning Messages and Warning Notices on Tobacco Product Advertisements for Smokeless Tobacco: Final Report, Health Canada:
- 2018, Dr Low Lee Yong, I Dare to Dream - Making Possible the Impossible:
- I knew that the software was a mock up and as such it would require the team at least half an hour to put together the components before I could proceed.
- 2019, Squared Grid Notebook: Square Grid Notebook/Journal, Elite Blank Books:
- This 5mm square grid notebook is great to use for diagrams, mock-ups, designs, everyday use, notes, calculations, lists, doodling, musings or other creativity projects.
scale or full-scale model of something
- mock-up at OneLook Dictionary Search