Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
configuration (plural configurations)
- Form, as depending on the relative disposition of the parts of a thing's shape; figure; form factor.
- Relative position or aspect of the planets; the face of the horoscope, according to the relative positions of the planets at any time.
- The way things are arranged or put together in order to achieve a result.
- (physics, chemistry) The arrangement of electrons in an atom, molecule, or other physical structure like a crystal.
- (algebra) A finite set of points and lines (and sometimes planes), generally with equal numbers of points per line and equal numbers of lines per point.
- (chemistry): conformation
arrangement of electrons
configuration f (plural configurations)