Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
moonfish (plural moonfish or moonfishes)
- Any of various flat, oval marine fish species.
- Most moonfish are silvery (hence their name), others yellowish
- Family Monodactylidae
- Mene maculata
- Selene spp.
- Atlantic spadefish (Chaetodipterus faber)
- Family Molidae (ocean sunfish)
- The opahs in the family Lamprididae.
- The cusk (Brosme brosme), a North Atlantic cod-like fish in the ling family Lotidae, the only species in its genus.
- The southern platyfish (Xiphophorus maculatus)
any of various flat, oval marine fish species