Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Danish
- 3 French
- 4 Swedish
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
motivation (plural motivations)
- Willingness of action especially in behavior.
- The action of motivating.
- Something which motivates.
- An incentive or reason for doing something.
- (advertising) A research rating that measures how the rational and emotional elements of a commercial affect consumer intention to consider, visit, or buy something.
- The motivation scores showed that 65% of people wanted to visit our website to learn more about the offer after watching the commercial.
willingness of action especially in behavior
action of motivating
Something which motivates
reason for doing something
(advertising) research rating that measures how a commercial affects consumer intention
- (advertising, research rating that measures how a commercial affect consumer intention): The Advertising Research Handbook Charles E. Young, Ideas in Flight, Seattle, WA, April 2005
Inflection of motivation
motivation f (plural motivations)
- “motivation” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- motivation; willingness of action