Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
multichimera (plural multichimeras)
- (genetics) A chimera containing genetically distinct cells originating from three or more zygotes.
2004, Jules Hoffmann, Primitive Immune Systems - Issue 198, page 31:
- The formation of Botryllus multichimeras sets the 'group level' (the assemblage of several genotypes into one unified entity) as the key level at which natural selection acts.
2009, Baruch Rinkevich & Valeria Matranga, Stem Cells in Marine Organisms, ISBN 904812767X, page 12:
- However, it was suggested that potentially losing genotypes (defined as such in bi-chimeras scenario) might survive in multichimera entities as stem cells in refugia and successfully propagate to succeeding generations.
- (physics) A complex spatiotemporal pattern consisting of multiple coexisting domains of synchronized dynamics within a domain of incoherent dynamics, produced by a system of nonlocally coupled oscillators.
2016, Amitava Banerjee, Muktish Acharyya, “Synchronized, Chimera and Multichimera States in Simple Cellular Automata Model of Coupled Oscillators”, in arXiv:
- The multichimera state is shown to have a power law distribution of synchronized cluster sizes, whose exponent is found to be independent of the system parameters..