Jump to navigation Jump to search
- synchronise (non-Oxford British spelling)
- (Canada) IPA(key): /ˈsɪŋ.kɹə.naɪːz/
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈsɪŋ.kɹə.naɪz/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- (transitive) To cause two or more events or actions to happen at exactly the same time or same rate, or in a time-coordinated way.
- (transitive) To set (a clock or watch) to display the same time as another.
- We synchronized our watches and agreed to meet at four o'clock precisely.
- (computing, transitive, intransitive) To cause (a set of files, data, or settings) on one computer or device to be (and try to remain) the same as on another.
- (intransitive, of inanimate entities) To agree, be coordinated with, or complement well.
- (transitive) To coordinate or combine.
cause two events to have coordinated timing