synchronizer (plural synchronizers)
- One who or that which synchronizes.
- (automotive) Part of a synchromesh manual transmission that allows the smooth engagement of gears.
- (aerial warfare) A device that permits an automatic weapon to fire between the blades of a revolving propeller.
- (electronics) A kind of arbiter.
- (film editing) A device for aligning multiple film strips in a replay or editing device.
- (computing theory) An algorithm that can be applied to a synchronous distributed algorithm to produce a version that operates in asynchronous networks.