Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: regulátor
regulator (plural regulators)
- A device that controls or limits something.
- The voltage regulator stopped working and the resulting overload destroyed the device.
- A person or group that sets standards of practice, especially those established by law.
- A very accurate clock, used by clockmakers to measure the timekeeping of each newly made clock.
- (genetics) A gene involved in controlling the expression of one or more other genes.
- (rail transport) A device that controls the supply of steam to the cylinders of a steam locomotive.
- (historical) A bulldozer (member of intimidating group of white US Southerners).
device that controls or limits something
person or group that sets standards of practice
a type of gene
- regulator in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- regulator in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- regulator at OneLook Dictionary Search