Jump to navigation Jump to search
bulldozer (plural bulldozers)
- A tractor with an attached blade for pushing earth and building debris for coarse preliminary surface grading, demolishing building structures, etc.
- One who bulldozes.
- (historical, chiefly in the plural) A member of a self-identified group of white US Southerners who colluded to influence outcomes of post-Reconstruction elections by intimidating, coercing and bullying black voters and legislators, including burning down houses and churches, flogging and murdering opponents.
- (by extension) A bully; an overbearing individual.
- (member of intimidating white US Southerners): regulator
- blade (slang, 1940s and after)
- To bulldoze (push through forcefully).
- a bulldozer (crawler tractor with an attached blade)
bulldozer m (plural bulldozers)
- “bulldozer” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
bulldozer m (plural bulldozeres)